Digital Education Action Plan
Action 2: Council Recommendation on blended learning approaches for high-quality and inclusive primary and secondary education
The Commission's proposal for a Council Reccomendation calls on all EU countries to ensure universal access to inclusive and high-quality digital education and training, addressing the digital divide and promoting equitable opportunities for all learners.
The proposal include:
1. Coherent Strategy: Encouraging EU countries to develop a comprehensive strategy that specifically addresses digital education and skills, providing a roadmap for effective implementation.
2. Policy Feedback: Improving the monitoring and evaluation of digital education and training policies and integrating the results into policy upgrades, ensuring continuous improvement and responsiveness.
3. Whole-of-Government Approach: Promoting collaboration and cooperation among stakeholders, including government entities and the private sector, to foster a holistic approach to digital education and training.
4. Teacher Partnerships and Capacity Building: Enhancing partnerships with teachers and providing access to digital training for educators and staff, supporting their professional development and ensuring digital capacity building in educational institutions.
5. Equitable Investment: Promoting equitable and impactful investment in quality and inclusive digital education and training, ensuring that resources are allocated in a fair and effective manner.
By implementing these objectives, the proposal aims to drive structural reforms at the national level, enabling significant progress in the digital transformation of education and training. It emphasizes the need for comprehensive strategies, collaboration, and targeted investment to ensure that digital education and training are accessible, effective, and beneficial for all learners.