INTERNAL POLICY -> INDUSTRY -> INDUSTRIL SECTORS -> CHEMICALS -> REACH-> LEGISLATION > APPEALS
Certain ECHA decisions, which are listed in Article 91 of the REACH Regulation and Article 77 of the Biocidal Products Regulation, can be appealed before the Board of Appeal of ECHA.
The rules applicable to appeal proceedings are set out in the Rules of Procedure.
In addition, to help parties to act in compliance with the legal requirements and prepare their appeals in the most effective way, the Board of Appeal has adopted Practice Directions.
For the same purpose the Board of Appeal has also published special forms and a supporting check list. The use of the forms is not obligatory, but strongly recommended.
Forms to Prepare Documentation for Appeals
- Consolidated version of Rules of Procedure Regulation (EC) 771/2008 (all EU languages available!)
- Leaflet - The Board of Appeal of the European Chemicals Agency: An independent review of ECHA decisions (BG, CS, DA, DE, EL, EN, ES, ET, FI, FR, HR, HU, IT, LT, LV, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, SV)
- Practice Directions (BG, CS, DA, DE, EL, EN, ES, ET, FI, FR, HR, HU, IT, LT, LV, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, SV)
- REACH Regulation Articles 89 – 94
- Biocidal Products Regulation [PDF] [EN]
- Refund of fees and charges [PDF] [EN]
- Decision on adopting Practice Directions [PDF] [EN]
- Decision on costs relating to the taking of evidence [PDF]
- Amounts paid in relation to the taking of evidence [PDF]
- Decision on appeal announcements [PDF] [EN]
- Instructions to the Registrar [PDF] [EN]