Support to video game development
Through the Creative Europe multiannual Programme, EU supports the development of video games.
It is aiming to improve the competitiveness of the European video games industry by increasing its capacity to develop works with a high circulation potential, both in the EU and beyond. For this reason, it supports video game concepts or projects which, compared to existing mainstream works, present works that:
- Are original, innovative, creative, and culturally diverse
- Enhance Europe's cultural identity and heritage
- Are substantially interactive with a narrative component
- Are ambitious in terms of gameplay, user experience, and artistic expression
The works should also have good commercial prospects, in Europe and in the world.
The opportunities are open to all European companies and applicants must:
- be able to prove that they have produced a commercially distributed video game in the past two years
- Present a sales report
- own the majority of the rights to the project to be submitted
Individuals, groups of companies, and legal entities acting in the public interest cannot apply for a grant.