How Europe help young Farmers
- Support available for farmers starting up businesses who are 40 or under at the time of applying, and can be granted for up to five years.
- national authorities have to set aside up to 2% of their total allocation of direct payment funding in order to offer young farmers a bonus of 25% (maximum) on their direct payments in their first five years of working in the sector
- young farmers have priority when it comes to receiving direct payment funding from the national/regional reserve
- CAP rural development programmes in each EU country provide additional measures to help young farmers get started. (advice services for farmers setting up for the first time)
- measures within the National or regional rural development programmes
- aid within the European Innovation Partnership (EIP- AGRI)